Kitchen Remodel Cost Basics
What goes into the cost of your kitchen remodel? Many times meeting with prospective clients around Lancaster, PA, they want to know a ballpark estimate for what their kitchen will cost. There are many issues with this, but the first is we need to be able to get in the existing room and take a look at the current state of everything and then start to lay down the places you want it to go.
There are A LOT of different cost factors when it comes to remodeling your kitchen. Whether it is just some cosmetic upgrades or a complete tear out and replace, there are many small decisions that could wind up having a big effect on your final investment amount.
We begin to break it down below. Please note that there are still plenty of other factors that an experienced kitchen remodeler will understand and discuss, but this is a good guide to get started.
- Keep existing
- Name brand and model type can significantly increase your Appliance allowances.
- Type of wood
- Type of finish
- Door Style
- How many? All of these will determine the range your cabinetry budget fall under.
- The most common is painted drywall, of course.
- People also choose plaster and wood for their project.
- Solid Surface (Corian)
- Granite Slab
- Sink with 4” backsplash combo
- Ceramic Tile – The style of tile you chose will determine the cost here. You could range anywhere from $1/sq ft to $40 or more.
- Luxury Vinyl Tile
- Ceramic Tile
Lighting Possibilities –
- Recessed, general light
- Task under-cabinet
- Ceiling fan/lights
- Faucet with pull out spray
- Pot-filler faucet
- Garbage disposal
- Moving the main sink area to another part of the kitchen
- Instant hot water
- stainless steel
- under mount
- Bigger windows? We have several clients who have had us add a bay window behind their sink, replacing the original, smaller single hung window.
- What’s behind the walls? Experts suggest saving an extra 10% over your budget as a rainy day fund because you can never know what’s behind the walls until you get in there and look.
When it’s time for your Kitchen remodel – call the best in Lititz, Lancaster, Mt. Joy, Conestoga, Millersville, Landisville, Elizabethtown… You get the idea!
Check out the Cost vs. Value Report 2014 for Central PA here.